Financial Assistance and Travel Grants
Applications must be submitted ONLINE through the abstract portal AFTER submitting an abstract.
The application deadline is 1 May 2018 and NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED
Applications should contain the following documents:
- Short (max. 150 words) motivation for the financial assistance application, including a summary of current research, financial need and how attending the ICE-SEMDSA 2018 Congress will benefit the applicants future academic career.
- The applicant's abbreviated curriculum vitae, including an academic record.
- A signed supporting letter, on an official institutional letterhead, from the applicant's supervisor/superior, confirming the applicant's current appointment or registration.
An applicant can apply for SEMDSA Financial Assistance and/or an ISE Travel grant if they meet the required criteria.
A. SEMDSA Financial Assistance
Students, clinicians, healthcare workers, allied healthcare personnel and scientists from Africa or World Bank-designated low-income countries, who are working in the field of endocrinology, are eligible to apply. Only participants who have a poster or oral presentation accepted will be considered.
The amount of the financial assistance will be determined by the Financial Assistance Committee, subject to availability of funds and will be awarded on merit
B. ISE Travel Grants
ISE Travel Grants are subject to the following criteria:
- Applicant must be from an active ISE member country
- Applicant must be 35 years and younger, or
- Applicant must be from a developing country
- Applicant must have first authorship of a submitted abstract that is included in the official ICE-SEMDSA 2018 congress programme
- Quality of endocrine research will be considered
ISE Travel Grants will be allocated as follows:
- Up to US$1,000 from the host country
- Up to US$1,500 from countries outside the host country
- Gender spread
- Broad and fair geographical spread
- Previous / additional grants
For any queries on Bursary/Travel Grant Applications please contact:
SEMDSA Financial Assistance
ISE Travel Grants
ISE Head Office
PLEASE NOTE: An applicant can only receive one award and all applicants will be notified before the 1st June 2018.